Date of Last Revision: 2/28/2012
Your privacy is very important to us. The owners of MapYourVote™ have strived to protect your personal information, and will not intentionally expose your information. Steps have been taken to specifically protect your E-mail Address. It is our intent that your E-mail Address and last name in your profile are not visible on the site except by you. Your profile information is used in calculating aggregates when filtering votes and empowers you to view those same results to the same extent you have completed your profile.
However you agree that the owners of MapYourVote™ and their representatives are not responsible in any way, nor may they be held accountable in any way if this information becomes available.
2. Acceptance of Terms
Content and information you post on MapYourVote™ will be shared on appropriate pages in MapYourVote™ with all users. It is not possible for you to remove content from the site such as removing comments or retracting questions or pictures or links that have been submitted to the site. If you choose to deregister your user account, the content and votes submitted will remain available and the property of the owners of MapYourVote™. The content or information posted by you including but not limited to questions and comments will be accessible to everyone, including people not registered with MapYourVote™, since this content maybe shared in social networks.
The MapYourVote™ owners
appreciate and welcome your feedback or suggestions, but we are under no
obligation to compensate you for them. The owners of MapYourVote™ reserve all rights for the content submitted by you and may
choose to remove submitted content at the sole discretion of the owners of MapYourVote™
for any reason without notification. The
owners of MapYourVote™ strive to provide an
agree not to publish or submit content inappropriate for general audiences.
1. You understand you accept the terms outlined in Statement of Terms
Use by checking the box next to “I accept the terms of service “ where presented in MapYourVote™ site or by simply using the MapYourVote™ site . This acceptance is in effect from that point forward.
1. You will not post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) or collect users' content or information using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on MapYourVote™
2. You will not post any content that infringes on another’s rights, or is defamatory or obscene
3. You will not post any content that violates any United States law or right of any third party
4. You will not post any content that may be construed as hateful such as ethnic or religious slurs
5. You will not upload viruses or malicious code.
6. You will not solicit login information or access other people’s accounts.
7. You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
8. You will not post content that: is hateful, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence
9. You will not use MapYourVote™ to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
10. You will not do anything that could disable or impair the proper working of MapYourVote™.
You will not facilitate
or encourage any violations of this Statement or its intent.
Registration and Account
1. You will create and use only one account/profile for use in MapYourVote™
2. The information you provide for your account /profile is accurate to the best of your ability, and that you keep the information up to date.
3. You agree not to clone or duplicate accounts that you use, for example, to vote multiple times on a Poll.
4. If you have a registered user accounts you will not login anonymously to vote
5. You will not use your personal profile for your own commercial gain (such as selling your votes to an advertiser).
6. You are at least 13 years old.
7. You will not share your password or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account and the sanctity of your votes
8. You will not transfer your MapYourVote™ account to anyone without first getting MapYourVote™ owner’s written permission.
9. You agree that the MapYourVote™ owners reserve the right to remove, disable, ban or reclaim your account at any time if deemed appropriate by them.
10. If banned from MapYourVote™ by the owners you agree not to create another account without MapYourVote™ owner’s permission.
11. You will not engage in any spoofing or network attacks, or other harmful activities to disrupt MapYourVote™ web site, MapYourVote™ data, or MapYourVote™ users.
12. You will try and protect the sanctity of the MapYourVote™ site by promoting the sites purpose of “Your Vote. Your World”, the sanctity of one vote per person, and not attempt to overtly influence the results of any Poll by any means.
13. MapYourVote™ will not use your email address to send you non administrative e-mails such as commercial or marketing advertisements without your consent. You agree to allow MapYourVote™ to use your email address without further consent for contacting you for administrative purposes when necessary
14. The goal of MapYourVote™ is a world community, if you are not from the United States you Agree:
a. You consent to having your profile data and all other posted content to reside on servers exclusively in the United States.
b. You agree to all applicable United States Laws and statues related to the use of the site.
1. You will not post content or take any action on MapYourVote™ that infringes or violates another User’s rights or otherwise violates the law.
2. You grant MapYourVote™ owner’s permission to remove any content or information especially but not limited to content that violates other people's rights without notice.
3. You understand that MapYourVote™ owners reserve the right to disable your account without cause. MapYourVote™ owners reserve all rights to decide what if any information will be provided to the user regarding why their account was disable
4. You will obey all United States and International Intellectual Property laws such as Trademark and Copyright laws and not use copyrights or trademarks including MapYourVote™ or any confusingly similar marks, without our written permission.
5. You will not post anyone's identification, financial, or other personal or sensitive information or documents on MapYourVote™.
6. You will be personally responsible for all content sent to MapYourVote™ and ensure that if the content is not your own, the owner of the content has granted permission for the information to be used in this manner
7. MapYourVote™ owners understand that all persons have a right to their intellectual property. MapYourVote™ owners will address any claims of IP infringement as quickly as possible and remove content that is contested on notification of a potential issue if deemed appropriate. You agree to MapYourVote™ owners to remove contested material without notification to you. MapYourVote™ may notify you if material is removed and consider appeals by the user in writing to MapYourVote™ owners.
8. You understand that MapYourVote™ owners may set an a limit of the quantity and volume of content posted (such as number of Polls, comments and other content) in a given time period and may accelerate the Archive of content based on future volume of activity
6. Mobile Applications
It is the intent of MapYourVote™ owners to develop specialized applications to view MapYourVote™ and even know limited use of the Site is available on devices and browsers that support Adobe Flash.
1. You acknowledge that all connect charges from your carrier supporting a mobile device still apply and are solely your responsibility
Applicable to Share Links
We understand that the world is heavily connected with social networks and MapYourVote™ provides ways to share information with some of those social networks. If you participate in these aspects of the MapYourVote™ you agree to:
1. You will not hold the owners of MapYourVote™ or its representatives responsible for any corruption or damage caused by sending this information to social networks.
2. You will be personally responsible for all content sent to any social network from MapYourVote™ including tracking Polls, Votes, Comments, and Opinions
3. MapYourVote™ owners having full authority to disable any or all of your connections to social networks from MapYourVote™ at any time without notice.
4. You are responsible to abide by all agreements you have made with other social networks regarding posting content to their sites and will not hold MapYourVote™ owners responsible for any damage to these social networks sites
About Advertisements and
Other Commercial Content Served or Enhanced
MapYourVote™ requires resources to deliver a quality web site, therefore some advertising is necessary and inevitable. It is the intent of MapYourVote™ owners to implement and incorporate a SPONSORED Poll area within MapYourVote™ which will be dedicated to customers that pay money to post their Poll on MapYourVote™ site in a special area and provide targeted advertisements.
It is hoped that users will recognize the need for financial viability of the MapYourVote™ site and when possible voluntarily visit the SPONSORED area and explore questions and advertising of interest. The hope is that this approach will keep the advertising on the main site to a minimum while providing a voice to vendors interested in MapYourVote™ user’s opinions.
1. You agree to accept the existence of advertisements on the site and especially in the SPONSORED poll area recognizing the need to keep the site financially viable.
2. You agree not to post Polls or comments to MapYourVote™ for the purpose real or construed for commercial gain, explicitly avoiding paying MapYourVote™ owners for the posting of Commercial Polls. This does not prevent the user from voting on Polls or offering their personal opinions in comments on any Poll in MapYourVote™
You may also delete your account or disable your application at any time, however the content that has been added will remain the property of the MapYourVote™ owners.
1. You agree that MapYourVote™ owners have the right and may terminate your account without cause or notification.
You agree that on termination voluntarily or otherwise all content you
have posted to MapYourVote™ will remain the property of the MapYourVote™ owners
1. You will resolve any claim, or action you have with us arising out of or relating to this Statement or MapYourVote™ according to the laws of Montgomery County and the State of Maryland after
11. Warranty Disclaimers
1. 1. You acknowledge and agree that MapYourVote™ owners and representatives provide no warranty of your use of MapYourVote™ or the content generated by you or others and how it is shared. You release MapYourVote™ owners and representatives from any liabilities legal or financial concerning any and all aspects of the use of the MapYourVote™ site
2. MapYourVote™ owners and all MapYourVote™ representatives are not responsible for the actions, content or data published by third parties. You agree to the above statement and you release MapYourVote™ owners and all MapYourVote™ representatives from any claims and damages, known and unknown arising from using the site or actions of third parties.
3. You accept that by accessing MapYourVote™ you are always using this application at your own risk and that there are no guarantees or warrantees, express or implied. MapYourVote™ is not responsible for any actions of third parties.
5. You agree that accepting the Statement of Use does not create any employment, ventures or partnerships and you do not have any authority of any kind to bind MapYourVote™ owners or their representatives in any respect whatsoever
6. You acknowledge that MapYourVote™ may not be safe or secure. The MapYourVote™ owners have strived to maintain a safe bug free environment.
1. By “MapYourVote™” we mean the features and services we make available, including through:
i. Website at www.MapYourVote.com and any other MapYourVote™ branded or co-branded
ii. MapYourVote™ social plugins such as the like button, the share options
iii. Other media, software, devices, or networks now existing or later developed.
2. By “MapYourVote™ owners” we mean the current owners of the MapYourVote™ web site and their authorized.
3. By “MapYourVote™ Representatives” we mean all owners, employees, and agents representing MapYourVote™ and its owners.
4. By “You” we mean the operator of the computer accepting these terms and using the MapYourVote™ web site under the created user name
5. By "Platform" we mean a set of APIs and services that enable others, including application developers and website operators, to retrieve data from MapYourVote™ or provide data to us.
6. By "information" we mean facts and other information about you, including actions you take.
7. By "content" we mean anything you post on MapYourVote™ that would not be included in the definition of "information."
8. By "data" we mean content and information that third parties can retrieve from MapYourVote™ or provide to MapYourVote™ through Platform.
9. By “Post” we mean any activity in MapYourVote™ where information is sent and stored on any computer system.
10. By "use" we mean any interaction in the site, for example posting content, logging in, voting, or commenting on Polls.
11. By "active registered user" we mean a user who has logged into MapYourVote™ at least once in the previous 30 days.
12. By “Poll” or “Question” we mean the user activity of creating a question to be published as content with the intent of being voted on by others
"application" we mean any application or website that uses or
accesses Platform, as well as anything else that receives or has received data
from us. If you no longer access Platform but have not deleted all data
from us, the term application will apply until you delete the data.
2. If any portion of this Statement is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect.
3. If we fail to enforce any of this Statement, it will not be considered a waiver.
4. Any amendment to or waiver of this Statement must be made in writing and signed by us.
5. You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under this Statement to anyone else without our consent.
6. All of our rights and obligations under this Statement are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
7. Nothing in this Statement shall prevent us from complying with all United States laws.
8. This Statement does not confer any third party beneficiary rights.
9. You will comply with all applicable laws when using or accessing MapYourVote™.